This is my favorite way to prepare tilapia. It’s a nice way to incorporate red palm oil, an excellent source of Vitamin E. The omega-3s in the fish and curcumin in the turmeric are both anti-flammatory, which my body always appreciates. This recipe is quick, easy, and affordable so we enjoy it most weeks.
- 2 fillets defrosted or fresh tilapia
- 1 tablespoon red palm oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Coat the tilapia fillets with the red palm oil (heat a bit if needed,) turmeric and salt.
- Place in a baking dish and bake 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
The fish ends up soft and flakey so I recommend using a wide spatula for plating. I’m also all for using all of the pan drippings, so go ahead and pour any remaining palm oil over some veggies and enjoy!
“Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
~ Wayne Dyer