My healing has been built upon enumerable small acts of kindness. For me the best way to turn any situation around is to preform a gesture of kindness for myself or another. Doing so shifts my thinking and enlivens my heart. It allow for the unfurling of my natural softness, and for a reconnection to my basic sweetness.
Sometimes it’s as simple as making myself a nice cup of coffee, and creating a space in which I can enjoy it fully. It was such a gesture that brought about the creation of this soothing sage infused latte. Hold the intent to be kind and inspiration will excite with possibilities.
Ingredients for one latte:
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup BPA-free lite coconut milk
- 10 large fresh sage leaves
- Optional: a touch of honey
- Pour the coconut milk into a small pot and add the sage leaves.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then reduce the heat to medium low to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring or shaking the pot occasionally to prevent a film from forming.
- Remove the sage leaves and turn off the heat.
- Using an electric whisk, froth the infused coconut milk. Alternatively blend it in a small blender.
- Pour the coconut milk into the hot strong coffee (I use heated coldbrew) while sending kindness to yourself.
- Savor each sip as a loving gift.
“As rivers flow into the ocean but cannot make the vast ocean overflow, so flows the streams of the sense-world into the sea of peace that is the sage.” ~ 2:70 The Bhagavad Gita