Here on Hope Heal Cook I share what I’ve learned and implemented over the years as I holistically healed myself of chronic illness. My hope is that what I share will empower others to eat well, live well and self-heal. Because true healing is possible!
Quick note: I’m totally not a Dr (read my Medical Disclaimer HERE.)
I healed myself of chronic Lyme disease and complex, chronic illness with the help of small team of medical professionals including a Lyme Literate Naturopath (LLND). However, a lot of what I did to support my healing was based on individual research and a fair amount of trial and error.
I believe that my success in healing is due to a combination of: professional support, eating a healing diet, natural remedies, detox therapies, non-toxic living, brain retraining, and maintaining a holistic lifestyle that includes lotsa self-love and a robust inner-life.I don’t believe there’s only one way to heal, but I do think there are certain things we can all do to support our bio-individual healing (like eating healthy, minimizing toxic exposure, and managing stress). When it comes to healing specific symptoms or conditions, I share from my heart and from my experience. If what I share doesn’t speak to you or your experience that’s okay. Take what resonates, and lovingly leave the rest.Diet has played a crucial role in my recovery from chronic illness. For more on how I eat plus info on the specific diets that have supported my healing take a looksie HERE. To jump in and start cooking up your own New Wellness, check out my recipe index and cookbook ebooks.
To shop supplements, DYI detox supplies and recommended reads on self-healing, head on over to my Holistic Wellness Supplies page.
For more on my healing of chronic Lyme and chronic illness check these out:
- Art, Eats and Healing Chronic Illness: A Guest Post for MissDiagnoses.com
- How I’m Holistically Healing Chronic Lyme Disease
- My Holistic Protocols for Healing Chronic Lyme: an Update
For info on specific natural remedies and detox therapies browse these:
- Easy Acupressure: Using A Home Acupressure Mat
- (More’s coming!)
For more on the emotional/spiritual side of holistic healing (including self-love and self-care), cozy up and give these posts a read:
- Emotional Detox and Letting Go the Past (part 1)
- Self-Care Should Not Be Static: Shaping Self-Care for Where You’re At
- How Lyme Disease Taught Me to Let Go & Let Love In: an Interview with MoreThanLyme.org
- Emotional Autoimmunity: An Interview with Kerry Jefferies
- Chronic Illness + Becoming Familiar With Fear
- Coming Home to My Body
In the following posts I talk about some of the more personal aspects of my healing as well as my experience as a chronic illness blogger:
- What I’ve Learned from 3 Years as a Food & Wellness Blogger
- The Instagram Shadowban and Finding the Loving Wisdom at the Center of Our Struggles
- Chronic Illness and The Healing Power of Community and Kindness
- Putting Everything on Pause & Putting Myself First: How I Finally Turned a Corner with Chronic Lyme
- Health First: Taking a Blog Break + Addressing EMF Sensitivity
- Chronic Lyme Disease and the Gifts of a Minimalist Christmas
Having hope that we can actually, factually heal is SOOO important! For a hearty dose of hope learn more about my healing HERE. And stay tuned for upcoming Hope Heal Stories from others who’ve healed from Lyme and chronic illness.
For everyday tips and inspiration for creating the holistic health you absolutely, positively deserve (and can achieve!) be sure to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest. And to make sure you don’t miss out on new posts sign up for my newsletter!
May you eat well, live well & enjoy a New Wellness.
Big ‘ol healing hugs,