This recipe is: Paleo + AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) + low carb/ketogenic + low FODMAP + coconut free
This is my favorite way to prepare tilapia as its quick, easy, and affordable. It’s a nice way to incorporate red palm oil, which is an excellent source of Vitamin E, and the omega-3s in the fish and curcumin in the turmeric are both anti-flammatory.
So some tilapia is farmed in a ways that are non-sustainable, downright gross, or both. Be sure to check out the Seafood Watch Program’s recommendations for tilapia when buying in order to ensure your fish is safe and sustainable.
- 2 fillets defrosted or fresh tilapia
- 1 tablespoon red palm oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Coat the tilapia fillets with the red palm oil (heat a bit if needed,) turmeric and salt.
- Place in a baking dish and bake 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
The fish ends up soft and flakey so I recommend using a wide spatula for plating. I’m also all for using all of the pan drippings, so go ahead and pour any remaining palm oil over some veggies and enjoy!
May you eat well, live well & enjoy a New Wellness.
Hugs & omega-3s,
“Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
~ Wayne Dyer